As EXPO Elevate 2017 World Tour: São Paulo approaches, consider spending some extra time in this bustling metropolis, known for its cultural attractions and delicious food. Packed with things to do, it can be hard to narrow down what to do and see, so we’ve gathered our top five recommendations for your EXPO8 trip.
- Visit a museum: If you love diving into a city’s culture, visiting local museums should be tops on your list. One of this city’s most notable museums is the Museu de Arte de São Paulo, which features Latin America’s most comprehensive collection of Western art. Even the building designed by architect Lina Bo Bardi is considered a classic of modernism.
- Munch: São Paulo is a foodie haven with a diverse range of culinary cuisine. While you may be dreaming of Brasilian barbecue, the city has a lot more to offer – including sushi! São Paulo has the largest Japanese population outside of Japan, and sushi is top-notch in this Latin American city.
- Sip: Need to quench your thirst? There are more than 15,000 bars in São Paulo, so you’re sure to find a watering hole you like. And, if you’re feeling tired, grab a shot of espresso to keep you moving as fast as the locals.
- Take in the view: Soaring 161 meters in the sky, the Banespa Building skyscraper (also known as the Altino Arantes Building) offers you a view from the top – for free. After riding two elevators and climbing a spiral staircase, you can take in one of the city’s best panoramic views.
- Shop: Upon arrival in São Paulo, you’ll be in a shopper’s paradise. It’s one of the biggest shopping destinations in South America and the largest in Brasil, offering malls and streets lined by storefronts. Whether you’re looking for luxury or handmade artisan treasures, this city has it all.